Taco Fiesta Bake ~ Easy & Family Friendly Meal
I really like tacos. They’ve been a favorite since my teen years and I usually can’t get enough. As a matter of fact, our families favorite restaurant is a Mexican restaurant a couple of towns over. It’s one of the few places we are willing to eat out because their food is made from scratch and absolutely amazing! (If only I could get a hold of their awesome salsa and chips recipe as they make both from scratch!) Recently, I was wanting a Mexican style meal but was tired of plain old tacos so I whipped up this Taco Fiesta Bake. The best part is that it’s easy to customize to your families liking by adding or subtracting ingredients.
This recipe is simple to customize. While I like to serve some Spanish Rice as a side dish, you could easily just incorporate inside the dish too. Does your family like black olives? Just add them in! I’ve tried several different variations and this has been the best received combination by family and friends.
- 1 # ground beef
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 cup salsa
- taco seasoning
- shredded cheese
- 1 large bag of nacho chips
- Brown hamburger over medium heat. I season my meat with seasoning salt, onion salt, garlic salt, and pepper as I do this.
- Once hamburger is done, add in the sour cream, diced tomatoes, salsa, and taco seasoning.
- Simmer for a few minutes.
- Spray a 9x12 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Layer the bottom of the pan with the bag of chips.
- Spread the meat mixture over the chips.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake for about 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
I’ve also tried this recipe using Doritos but found that those tend to get soft while the typical nacho dipping chips stay crispier. So if you’re a huge Doritos fan, I’d suggest layering the bottom as directed and sprinkling crushed Doritos over the top once done baking.
So let me know what you think! Would this be a recipe your family would enjoy?
I’m a city girl turned country by my awesome husband and we have three busy boys and two darling daughters. I love spending time with my family, reading Karen Kingsbury novels, and catching up with friends while our kiddos have play dates. I’m blessed beyond measure and can’t wait to see what God has in store.
Follow Miranda on Pinterest | Twitter| Blog | Instagram
This post currently has 50 responses.