Have you heard about intermittent fasting as a way to lose weight and feel better? It’s been something that has been growing in popularity and it’s easy to see why. Intermittent fasting isn’t necessarily a ‘diet’ but more of a lifestyle. Instead of denying yourself, you just delay.
What Is Intermittent Fasting?
There are several popular ways to intermittent fast.
- Partial Day Fasting. So, for example, with the 16/8 Method you would fast for 16 hours each day and then eat during an 8 hour window. (You can choose if you want to do a 16/8, 18/6, etc.)
- The 5:2 diet: Fast for 2 entire days per week.
- Eat-Stop-Eat: Do a 24-hour fast, once or twice a week.
- Alternate-day fasting: Fast every other day.
- The Warrior Diet: Fast during the day, eat a huge meal at night.
- Spontaneous meal skipping: Skip meals when convenient.
Intermittent fasting is definitely not for everyone. It’s not something that anyone needs to do but it can be another tool in the toolbox that can be useful for some people.
Personally, I was able to lose 15 pounds in 2020 through the use of 18/6 intermittent fasting.
Unique Individuals = Unique Results
While we are all highly unique individuals, and the foods that make one person feel well, and support their goals, don’t always work well for other people. Focus on the clean fast. Experiment and figure out what foods and eating schedule works for your body and support your goals.
Over time with fasting our bodies are naturally drawn to healthier foods. With appetite correction we learn to eat the appropriate amounts of food for our bodies on any particular day.
Nobody knows what works for your body, except you. But here is a list of great options you may want to try:
- Avocado Toast
- Peanut Butter On Crackers
- Fresh Veggies
- Smoothie Bowl
- Scrambled Eggs/Omlet
- Boiled Egg
- Big Bowl Of Greens
- Protein Shake
- Hearty Soup
- Large Salad
- Acai Bowls
- Handful Of Nuts
- Apple Slices With Peanut Butter
- Celery, Kale, And Beet Leaf Juice Concoction
- Smoked Salmon
- Turkey And Bacon Tomato Basil Wrap
- Hummus And Grapes
- Kalamata Olives
- Peanut Butter And Jelly Smoothie (sneak in some spinach for added nutrients)
- Celery Sticks And Jalapeño Pimento Cheese
- Cliff Bar
- Cheese Stick Rolled In Sliced Deli Roast Beef
- Apple With Almond Butter
- Greek Yogurt With Granola
- Braised Short Ribs With Fingerling Potatoes And Roasted Mushrooms
- Banana And Hard Boiled Egg
Fast clean. Eat delicious food. Enjoy Life. Repeat.
So tell me, have you ever tried intermittent fasting?
I’m a city girl turned country by my awesome husband and we have three busy boys and two darling daughters. I love spending time with my family, reading Karen Kingsbury novels, and catching up with friends while our kiddos have play dates. I’m blessed beyond measure and can’t wait to see what God has in store.
Follow Miranda on Pinterest | Twitter| Blog | Instagram
This post currently has 14 responses.