Thank you to AcuRite for providing me with product, free of charge, in exchange for this honest blog review. All opinions are 100% my own.
Do you ever struggle trying to decide what to cook for dinner? For some reason, this daily task can become quite the chore when I get stuck in a rut! So I’m always on the hunt for some fresh recipes and recently came across a hit. I typically don’t make new recipes when we’re having company over but I took a chance and it was a grand slam. I’ve since passed it on to my mom and friend as well as made a few more times since everyone loves it so much. Here’s the original Baked Ziti Recipe but after reading the reviews, I changed things up a bit as well as switched out the Ziti for Penne Rigate.
Family Friendly Baked Penne Rigate Recipe
- 1 Pound Penne Rigate Pasta
- 1 Small Onion, Diced
- 1 Pound Ground Beef
- 2 (26 Ounce) Jars Spaghetti Sauce
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
- Parmesan Cheese
- Mini Pepperonis
- Italian Seasoning
- Season Salt, Pepper, Garlic Salt, & Onion Salt (used when browning hamburger)
- Brown hamburger and onion in a large skillet. Season the meat with seasoning salt, pepper, garlic salt, and onion salt as you begin.
- Once meat is cooked, add spaghetti sauce and sour cream. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- As meat sauce is simmering, bring a large pot of water to boil. Add pasta and cook al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain but do not rinse.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter, grease, or spray with PAM a 9×13 baking dish. (Use the deepest one you have.)
- Spread half of the pasta on the bottom of pan. Top with a mixture of the shredded cheeses. Then add 1/2 of the meat sauce mixture over cheese layer. Finally, sprinkle a light layer of Parmesan Cheese over top.
- Final Layer: Evenly spread the remaining noodles in pan. Top with the rest of meat sauce mixture. Spread a layer of Mozzarella and Colby Jack Cheese over top.
- On the very top, sprinkle Parmesan Cheese, Italian Seasoning, Sausages, and Mini Pepperonis as desired.
- Bake for 30 minutes or till cheeses are melted and turning brown.
- Serve immediately.
Serving Size: Feeds a crowd! You can add up to 1 1/2 pounds pasta without changing anything else. I’d say this dish feeds about 10 to 12, maybe more. (We had 3 adults and 7 kiddos and only ate half the pan and everyone was stuffed!)
AcuRite offers a variety of awesome products and that includes tools for the kitchen. I absolutely love their Digital Timer and it’s perfect when I’m cooking and baking. The simplicity it offers while also allowing precision down to the second is perfect since every second can count when making cakes and candy. The easy to read digital display offers large numbers and can be set all the way up to 99 minutes, 59 seconds! This timer can stand upright on its own and also features a magnetic back. It’s so easy to use that our kids sneak it up to use when practicing guitar and violin. I can’t say enough great things about this timer and every home should definitely have one!
Another great cooking tool is their Candy & Deep Fry Thermometer. Featuring an adjustable clip for stability, it also keeps the thermometer off the bottom of the pan. The easy to read marker measures 100ºF to 500ºF while also featuring an easy to read temperature guide right on the face of the thermometer.
Buy It: Head over to AcuRite to see for yourself the great selection of products they offer.
Win It: AcuRite is generously offering one of our lucky readers their very own Digital Timer and Candy & Deep Fry Thermometer! This giveaway is open to the US only and will end May 21st, 2016. For your chance to win, enter the Giveaway Tools below. Good luck!
I’m a city girl turned country by my awesome husband and we have three busy boys and two darling daughters. I love spending time with my family, reading Karen Kingsbury novels, and catching up with friends while our kiddos have play dates. I’m blessed beyond measure and can’t wait to see what God has in store.
Follow Miranda on Pinterest | Twitter| Blog | Instagram
This post currently has 28 responses.