Herb Dinner Rolls ~ Easy To Make And The Perfect Side Hot From The Oven!
Does making homemade bread and biscuits scare you? I was really intimidated for years over the prospect and then the very first time I tried my hand at homemade bread was a complete flop. But lately, I’ve gotten the itch to give it another go and I’ve been trying out new recipes. I guess the main reason being that biscuits at the store are fairly expensive, (in my opinion), and they don’t stay fresh for long. Since I’m not much of a meal planner, even if I buy some biscuits, they dry out within a couple days before I make a complimentary meal. So just recently, when the family who gives our kids music lessons sent me home with a pan of dinner rolls that were amazing, I was so happy that I wanted to share the recipe with you all today!
In the past, many of the dinner rolls I’ve tried have very little flavor. That is just not the case with these Herb Dinner Rolls! And I loved how easy the entire process was to make while the results were absolutely amazing! My entire family devours these rolls every time I make them, including my 6 year old Mr. Picky!
- 1 Cup Warm Water
- 2 Tablespoons Butter, Soft
- 1 Egg
- ¼ Cup Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Basil
- ½ Teaspoon Oregano
- ½ Teaspoon Thyme
- ½ Teaspoon Crushed Rosemary
- 3¼ Cups Flour
- 2¼ Teaspoons Active Dry Yeast
- Additional Butter & Coarse Sea Salt
- Place all ingredients into a Stand Mixer Bowl.
- Mix on low for 5 minutes. Add additional water or flour by the teaspoon if needed to get the right consistency.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface.
- Divide into 15 portions.
- Shape into balls and place in a lightly greased 9x13 cake pan.
- Cover and let raise for about 1 hour (or till doubled in size).
- Bake at 375 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and brush tops with melted butter.
- Sprinkle with coarse sea salt.
I hope these are as big of a hit for your family as they are for mine! Leave me a comment below and let me know if you plan to try them or what your family thinks!
I’m a city girl turned country by my awesome husband and we have three busy boys and two darling daughters. I love spending time with my family, reading Karen Kingsbury novels, and catching up with friends while our kiddos have play dates. I’m blessed beyond measure and can’t wait to see what God has in store.
Follow Miranda on Pinterest | Twitter| Blog | Instagram
This post currently has 41 responses.