This post made our TOP 10 CINNAMON ROLL RECIPES!
I have been searching for the perfect cinnamon rolls for years. Basically, I’ve been aiming for a recipe that was close to the ones we were served when I was in school. While most people think school food is terrible, our school actually had some pretty great menus. The cooks came in super early and made almost everything by hand, from scratch.
That included these amazing cinnamon rolls that they would serve whenever chili was on the menu. Fairly recently, I finally found a recipe that was close over at The Stay At Home Chef. I have altered a few things and the results are melt in your mouth delicious. While I think they taste best warm from the oven, the rest of the family likes them cold too.
I’ll admit that I used to be intimidated by home made bread items but I’ve really branched out lately and found it’s really not that hard. So even though these cinnamon rolls take a little time, they are by no means difficult. Just follow the recipe instructions and you’ll be on your way to a mouth-watering cinnamon roll!
- 1 cup warm (not hot) milk
- 1 tablespoon instant yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, soft
- 2 small eggs
- 3 cups flour
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 4 to 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup butter
- 1½ cups powder sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Using a dough hook in a stand mixer, combine the warm milk, yeast, sugar, salt, butter, and egg on low.
- Slowly add in flour.
- Once the flour is incorporated, turn mixer to medium speed.
- Add more flour if necessary. The dough should be soft and sticky but pull away from the side of bowl.
- Transfer dough to a large lightly greased mixing bowl, cover, and let rise for 1 hour.
- Grease a 9x13 baking pan.
- Roll dough out to a 12x18 inch rectangle.
- Brush the dough with the ¼ cup melted butter from the filling.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle mixture over buttered dough.
- Roll up tightly lengthwise to make one long roll.
- Use thread to cut dough into 12 (one inch) slices.
- Place slices into greased pan.
- Cover and let rise for about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Bake rolls for 20-30 minutes or till brown. (Time will depend on how hot and even your oven bakes.)
- After pulling rolls out of the oven, beat together glaze ingredients. Add additional milk for desired consistency.
- Frost the rolls while still warm and serve.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
If you take the recipe step by step, it’s very easy to follow. The results will be soft, gooey, fluffy, and quite delicious!
Let me know what you think below. If your family loves them as much as mine, they will be gone by the end of the very first day!
Don’t forget to check out our TOP 10 CINNAMON ROLL RECIPES!
I’m a city girl turned country by my awesome husband and we have three busy boys and two darling daughters. I love spending time with my family, reading Karen Kingsbury novels, and catching up with friends while our kiddos have play dates. I’m blessed beyond measure and can’t wait to see what God has in store.
Follow Miranda on Pinterest | Twitter| Blog | Instagram
This post currently has 200 responses.