Summer is here and I am super excited for the warm sunny days. Being from Minnesota, winter just seems to last forever and then some years, we don’t even get a spring! Thankfully, this year was pretty reasonable, weather wise. So we’ve been able to be outside a lot.
Over the past several years, I keep saying we’re going to visit a strawberry patch and pick our own berries but then we never quite make it. This year, it’s happening because I won some free strawberries from a local patch! So I began hunting for ideas on what I should do with the berries (if we don’t just eat them all up, that is). And here’s what I found:
30+ Ideas On What To Make With Delicious Fresh Strawberries
- Make Strawberry Jelly! (This Jelly Recipe is the best! Just substitute strawberries in place of the plums or apples.)
- Strawberry Shortcake
- Healthy, Easy Oatmeal Strawberry Bars Recipe
- Strawberry Pie
- Strawberry Pretzel Salad
- Use The Aldi Funnel Cake Mix And Top With Fresh Strawberries And Readi-Whip
- Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
- Strawberry Smoothies
- Chocolate Filled Strawberries
- Rhubarb Strawberry Bake
- Slice Up And Add To Water For Flavored Water
- Strawberry Shortcake CHEATERS VERSION: (Use Twinkies, cut your strawberries up, sprinkle a little sugar on them in a baggie let sit for an hour. Then serve on top of the Twinkies. Top with Cool Whip!)
- Strawberry Cheesecake
- Strawberry Salad With Spinach, Chèvre, Walnuts, Red Onion, Chicken, And Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Strawberry Salsa
- Strawberry Bread
- Strawberry Ice Cream
- Strawberry Sauce (Cut up strawberries, add some sugar, and heat them just until they get hot. Mash them up. You can either eat plain or serve on: angel food cake, in ice cream, cottage cheese, on pancakes, or crepes. This sauce also freezes well.)
- Strawberry Meringue Cake
- Strawberry Lemonade Frosting Recipe
- Homemade Strawberry Pop Tarts
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
- Strawberry Cobbler
- Strawberry Poke Cake
- Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Strawberry Jello Pie
- Strawberry Fruit Parfaits
- Strawberry Biscuits
- Homemade Strawberry Fruit Leather
- Dehydrated Strawberries
- Strawberry Butter
- Serve Over Cereal
- Strawberries And Cream – Serve Over Bread
As always, you can just freeze your fresh strawberries to utilize in the ideas above at a later date! Many of these recipes work well with strawberries that are starting to get soft as well.
So tell me, what's your favorite way to serve strawberries?
I’m a city girl turned country by my awesome husband and we have three busy boys and two darling daughters. I love spending time with my family, reading Karen Kingsbury novels, and catching up with friends while our kiddos have play dates. I’m blessed beyond measure and can’t wait to see what God has in store.
Follow Miranda on Pinterest | Twitter| Blog | Instagram
This post currently has 15 responses.