Bananas are a staple in most homes. But a big problem that we, personally, have is that they don’t always get eaten in their prime. I got tired of wasting ‘bad’ bananas that became over-ripe so I’ve compiled a list of the best foods to make that can help use them up! Of course, we all know about banana bread, but there’s lots of other options available too!
Check Out Our List Of The Best Ways To Utilize Ripe (Or Over Ripe) Bananas:
- Banana Bars With Cream Cheese Frosting (just like pumpkin bars but substitute bananas in the recipe)
- Banana Pancakes (1 banana, 2 eggs)
- Banana Pudding
- Banana Muffins
- Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
- Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
- Banana Coconut Crunch Muffins
- Banana (along with other fruits and/or spinach) Smoothies
- Frozen Banana Popsicles
- Banana Ice Cream
- You can add peanut butter, chocolate chips, or any other ingredients you love.
- Cut into small slices, dip in melted almond bark or chocolate bark. Freeze. Use as a topping on ice cream. Or just as a snack.
- 3 Ingredient Banana Cookies (Bananas, Oats, & Chocolate Chips)
- Protein Cookies
- Hummingbird Cake
- Banana Foster On French Toast Or Pancakes
- Banana Pineapple Cake
- Banana Bread Brownies
- Hawaiian Bread
- Banana Cream Cookies
- Substitute Bananas In Place Of Eggs In Any Cake Recipe
- Banana Chocolate Oatmeal Bars
- Banana Milkshake
- Mixed Adult Beverage (In a blender, add: ripe banana, ice, orange or pineapple juice, rum, a little coconut milk, ice, or over ice if you don’t want a slushy.)
- Banana Nut Cinnamon Crumb Cake
- Banana Bundt Cake
- Peanut Butter, Banana, and Chocolate Chip Pound Cake
- Upside Down Banana Cake
- Banana French Toast
- Baked Oatmeal With Bananas
If all else fails and you just don’t have time to make something today, place your ripe (or over ripe) bananas in the freezer. They can be pulled out at any time to include in any of the above ideas!
Tell me, what's your favorite way of using bananas?
I’m a city girl turned country by my awesome husband and we have three busy boys and two darling daughters. I love spending time with my family, reading Karen Kingsbury novels, and catching up with friends while our kiddos have play dates. I’m blessed beyond measure and can’t wait to see what God has in store.
Follow Miranda on Pinterest | Twitter| Blog | Instagram
This post currently has 26 responses.