Many thanks to Shepherd Press for providing the God With Us Children’s Bible and information for review. Opinions are 100% my own and NOT influenced by monetary compensation. I did receive the product in exchange for this review and post.
I’m always looking for additional resources and ways to share the Gospel message with our children. We already have a pretty good routine down but there are so many great books, videos, and audio options available these days that I’m always thrilled to add to our collection. If you’re trying to figure out how to incorporate more religious learning time in your day, here’s what our family does.
- Each evening before bed, we do what we call ‘Family Bible Time’.
- Last year (and part of this year), we read through the New Testament and now, we’ve been working our way through the Old Testament.
- Each evening we sit down together and take turns reading from the Bible. We typically do one chapter per night. Each person (who can read) will take 1-2 paragraphs. Everyone follows along in their Bibles. Even Lucy, who recently turned 7 and isn’t a very confident reader yet will sometimes take a turn. However, at that age, we don’t force it. So most often, she chooses to just listen.
- After ‘Bible time’, we kneel and do family prayer.
- Lately, we’ve been doing some Bible trivia after that. In the past, we’ve also read a chapter from a Chicken Soup for the Soul Book. Now, we’re adding in readings from God With Us – A Journey Home Bible.
- Then we finish up with family hug line. Did you know family therapist Virginia Satir once said, “We need four hugs a day for survival. We need 8 hugs a day for maintenance. We need 12 hugs a day for growth.” Well, there are currently only 7 people in our family so everyone gets at least 6 hugs a day here during our family hug line.
God With Us Children’s Bible Review
“This is a beautiful re-telling of the most beautiful story ever told.”
—Karen Swallow Prior, Professor of Christianity & Culture, and author of On
Reading Well: Finding the Good Life through Great Books
God With Us is a beautiful re-telling of the Bible, presented in a way that engages and enthralls kids of all ages. It’s a unique new storybook Bible that’s truly a great tool to compliment reading from your traditional Bible.
Reasons why God With Us is different:
- One Panoramic View: You’ll follow the theme of ‘the presence of God’ from Genesis through Revelation.
- Jesus Christ: This storybook Bible presents Jesus as the Bible portrays, he is what we need.
- Real: Life is hard. There is joy, sorrows, and an entire range of emotions. This book shares them all!
Hear From The Author:
Filled with gorgeous photos, vivid descriptions, and clever word play; this book has been a blessing to our family’s Bible time!
Find Out More: Head over to the Shepherd Press for more information about this beautiful God With Us Children’s Bible.
Connect With Shepherd Press
One lucky Emily Reviews reader will win their very own God With Us: A Journey Home Children’s Bible, valued at $29.99! This giveaway is open to the US only, just enter the widget below for your chance to win. Good luck!
I’m a city girl turned country by my awesome husband and we have three busy boys and two darling daughters. I love spending time with my family, reading Karen Kingsbury novels, and catching up with friends while our kiddos have play dates. I’m blessed beyond measure and can’t wait to see what God has in store.
Follow Miranda on Pinterest | Twitter| Blog | Instagram
This post currently has 14 responses.