Sometimes, I struggle to find the perfect lightweight snack food to serve to guests. You know…. The times where you don’t want to serve a full meal but want more than chips to offer. So, recently, I borrowed my friends Snackin’ Chicken Salad Sandwich Recipe and it was a hit. Perfect for football game parties, picnics, potlucks, baby showers, and more. I know I’ll be turning to this recipe again.
Chicken Salad Sandwich Recipe ~ Easy To Make, Yummy To Eat!
If you have a food processor, like the Ninja Intelli-Sense System, this recipe will be exceptionally easy. However, you could also chop with a knife or perhaps even use a blender.
Print The Recipe:
- 1½ to 2 pounds chicken breasts, seasoned
- small yellow onion
- 2-3 stalks celery (equals about ½ cup chopped)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ cup mayo
- dash of salt & pepper (to taste)
- pinch of paprika
- *optional- Craisins
- Bake chicken breasts for about 1 hour. I sprinkle with garlic salt, onion salt, seasoning salt, and pepper before cooking. (I used my pressure cooker which cut that time down to about 15 minutes.)
- Place cooked chicken in food process and pulse a few times. Set chicken aside.
- Put celery and onion into food process and chop those up into desired consistency.
- Combine chicken, celery/onion, sugar, mayo, salt, pepper, and paprika. This is also where you'd stir in the Craisins if you choose to use.
- Fill each croissant with a heaping scoop of Chicken Salad.
- Serve or store in a covered dish in the refrigerator.
First: Turn seasoned chicken breasts into shredded chicken.
Next: Chop celery and onion.
Then: Combine all ingredients except croissants.
Finally: Fill your croissants with the Chicken Salad mixture.
This is a light snack or meal that is perfect for a variety of occasions. I’ve even used this recipe for my family when we need a small meal to hold us over. But it’s also been a hit at parties. I think we’ll be having some of these for the next holiday I have to bring food for!
I’m a city girl turned country by my awesome husband and we have three busy boys and two darling daughters. I love spending time with my family, reading Karen Kingsbury novels, and catching up with friends while our kiddos have play dates. I’m blessed beyond measure and can’t wait to see what God has in store.
Follow Miranda on Pinterest | Twitter| Blog | Instagram
This post currently has 25 responses.